Number of Servings: 8
Getting started with the Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable broth (reduced sodium)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 8 slices French bread
- 8 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
The Actual Cooking –
1. Coat a large saucepot with nonstick cooking spray. Add oil and heat over medium heat. Cook onions in oil until carmelized ? about 20 minutes.
2. Add ?our, salt, pepper and garlic to cooked onions and combine well. Stir in stock and wine.
3. Simmer for 45 minutes. To serve, place a slice of bread and cheese in 8 soup bowls. Ladle soup in each bowl and serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 257 calories, 9g total fat, 2g dietary fiber, 22g protein, 24g carbohydrate, 977mg sodium