Number of Servings: 9
Getting started with the Ingredients
- 2 (16-ounce) bags frozen cheese tortellini (look for the lowest fat brand available)
- 1 (15-ounce) can 100% pure pumpkin
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or trans fat-free margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream, optional
The Actual Cooking –
1. Cook tortellini in a large stockpot in boiling water, according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, combine the pumpkin, broth, sugar, butter, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and pepper in a medium saucepan, stirring to combine.
3. Place pumpkin mixture over medium heat and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally until the butter melts and the mixture is heated through.
4. Just before serving, stir sour cream into the pumpkin sauce, if desired. To serve, place the tortellini on individual plates and top with pumpkin sauce.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving: 342 calories, 5g total fat, 3g dietary fiber, 12g protein, 59g carbohydrate, 839mg sodium
Be the first to comment on "Cheese Tortellini with Pumpkin Sauce"