- 8 Rasagulla discs
- For the saffron flavoured milk
- 1 liter full fat milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- A few saffron strands, dissolved in milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom (elaichi) powder
- For the garnish
- 2 tablespoons slivered pistachios
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Squeeze out the syrup from the rasagoollas and divide each into two.
- Put the milk to boil with the sugar . Boil for 15 minutes and add the saffron and cardamom.
- Give one more boil and switch off the heat.
- Arrange the rasagoollas in a plate. Pour the boiled milk on top.
- Decorate with slivered pistachios and almonds.
- Chill thoroughly .
- Serve cold.