- 1 large eggplant
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tomatoes, chopped finely
- 4 green chillies, chopped finely
- 1 cup cooked green peas
- 1 1/2 tsp dhania-jeera ( cumin-corainder) powder
- 1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp amchoor(mango powder)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Rub 1/2 tsp oil on the eggplant and bake in an oven till the skin shrinks and liquid starts oozing out of the vegetable.
- This will take around 30-45 minutes at 400 deg F.
- Take it out of the oven and peel it.
- Mash the baigan and add the salt to it.
- Heat the remaining oil and add the chopped onion.
- Fry till the onions turns translucent.
- Add the green chillies and the tomatoes and fry till the mixture becomes homogeneous.
- Now add all the spices and the sugar and fry for a minute.
- Add the baigan and mix well.
- Now add the peas and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and some water to get a thick consistency.Mix well.
- Heat through.
- Serve when hot with plain rice/paratha.
Be the first to comment on "Bhaingan Bhartha"