- Chhena 250 gms.
- Flour 4 tbsp.
- Sugar 1 kg.
- Milk 2 ltrs.
- Pistachio nuts 1 tbsp.
1. Knead and mash Chhena, add 2 tablespoons flour and make a dough.
2. Divide it into 12 equal portions, make balls and press between your
palms to flatten them. Keep aside.
3. Dissolve 500 gms. sugar in the same quantity of water, bring it to a boil
and add rest of the flour dissolved in water.
4. Now add the dough portions (rasmalai) in it and cook over a high flame
for 10 minutes. Add half a cup of water and again bring it to a boil. Cook for
another 3 minutes.
5. Remove them and keep in a thin sugar syrup prepared from 250 gms of
sugar and 500 mls. of water.
6. Now take milk in a heavy bottomed pan, bring it to a boil, reduce the
flame, stir continuously. Simmer until it is reduced to a thick consistency.
7. Add rest of the sugar and keep on a medium flame till the sugar is
completely dissolved. Remove from the flame and refrigerate for an hour.
8. Squeeze the rasmalai and put them into chilled milk. Keep in refrigerator
for another half an hour.
Serve cold, garnished with sliced pistachio nuts.