- 8-10 small rounded firm brinjals(Eggplant)
- 3 medium onions , chopped and roasted
- 3 tbsp. roasted groundnuts powdered coarsely
- 3 tbsp. grated fresh coconut, roasted
- 1 tsp cloves, roasted
- 2 tsp red chilli powder, roasted
- 2 tsp dhania-jeera(coriander-cumin seed mixture), roasted and powdered
- 1 small bunch coriander leaves, chopped and roasted
- salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 tsp each mustard and cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup curds(plain unflavored yoghurt)
- Wash and the clean brinjals. Make 2 slits to form a cross.
- Rub them with some curd and salt and set aside.
- Mix all the roasted masala in the blender with some curd to make a smooth filling. Stuff some of this mixture into each slit of the brinjals.
- Heat oil in a heavy or non-stick pan, add the mustard, cumin seeds wait to splutter, slide in the brinjals slowly.
- Any mixture which is remaining can be now added to cover the vegetable.
- Add some water.
- Simmer till the vegetable is tender and done.
Be the first to comment on "Bharwa Bhaingan"