- 1 lb Bhendi, washed
- 1 large onion , sliced finely
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp amchoor
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp saunf(fennel)
- 2 tsp dhania pwd
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Salt to taste
- Make one slit on each bhendi and set side.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil and fry the stuffing masala till well browned. Not more than a minute.
- Stuff each bhendi with this masala and keep the remaining aside.
- Heat the remaining oil, add the cumin seeds and when they splutter add the sliced onions.
- When the onions start browning, add the remaining masala and the bhendi pieces.
- Sprinkle some water and salt and cook covered on a low flame for 30 minutes.
- Keep turning occassionally.
- When the bhendi is done, take off the stovetop and sprinkle the lemon juice.Mix well.
- Serve hot with chapati/rice and dal.
Be the first to comment on "Bharva Bhindi"