- 1 kg doodhi
- 1 1/2 litre milk
- 400-500 gm sugar
- elaichi powder (cardomon)
- saffron few flakes
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Peel and grate Dudhi
- Put milk and dudhi in a heavy saucepan.
- Boil till thick, stirring occassionally. Once it starts thickening, stir continuously. Add sugar and cook further till thickens.
- Add ghee, elaichi, saffron and colour.
- Stir on low heat till the mixture collects in a soft ball or the ghee oozes out.
- Serve hot, decorated with a chopped almond or pista.
Be the first to comment on "Doodhi Halwa"