Makes 3 servings.
- 1 package frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1/2 lb. sliced provolone cheese
- 1 sliced green pepper
- 3-5 sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 10 oz package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed (or 1 small head of fresh broccoli, steamed)
- about 10 black olives, sliced
- crushed red pepper, to season
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 egg, beaten or equivalent amount of egg substitute
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough into 15″ square on lightly floured surface. Combine garlic powder, onion salt and oregano and egg. Brush 1/2 the egg mixture over dough. Layer provolone on the dough, and then cover with veggies and crushed red pepper. Top with additional provolone.
Starting at one end, roll the dough tightly and seal the ends. Place the loaf seam side down on a greased cookie sheet. Brush remaining egg mixture on top. Bake 30-40 minutes. Allow sufficient time to cool and settle before serving