This is like South Indian chutney,tokku and palya (curry), sagu etc. This is a very tasty dish. It is healthy if limit in consuming is maintained.
- Potatoes: 1/4 Kgs
- Tomatoes: 1/4 Kgs
- Oil: 4-5 spoons
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 Spoon
- Roasted cumin seeds: 1/2 spoon
- Sugar : 1 spoon
- Coriander Seeds: 2 spoons
- Curry leaf: 2 sticks
- Salt: As per taste
- Roasted mustard
- Fenugreek seeds
- Dry chilli
- Some use 2 bits of garlic
- Garam Masala Powder
- Clean the potatoes and boil so that it is easy to remove the coat and then make into small pieces by mashing.
- Cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Pour the oil in a pan, after 2-3 minutes add some mustard seeds and roast well.
- Add Fenugreek seeds,cumin seeds, turmeric powder,cloves and curry leaves.
- after roasting add tomato and potatoes and churn lightly.
- After 2 minutes add powdered coriander seeds, chilli powder, Garam masala powder, salt, if necessary sugar/jaggery and mix well.
- After turning off the burner add cumin powder and coriander and mix well.
- The chutney is ready to be served along side Roti,chapati or poori.
Be the first to comment on "Alu Tomato"