Contains approximately 91 Calories per serving
- 40g (1?oz) good quality dried wild mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves,crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 450ml (? pint) vegetable stock
- 4-5 young leeks, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon plain four
- 450ml (? pint) skimmed milk
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the mushrooms, garlic, thyme and stock into a small saucepan and Gently simmer for 10 minutes in order to soften the mushrooms.
- In a separate non-stick pan dry-fry the leeks until soft.
- Add the lemon zest with 3 tablespoons of the mushroom stock.
- Sprinkle the flour over and cook out for 1 minute, stirring well with a wooden spoon.
- Gradually add the mushroom stock and the contents of the saucepan along with the skimmed milk.
- Add the bay leaves and gently simmer for 20-25 minutes until the mushrooms are soft and the soup has slightly thickened.
Just before serving, stir in the chopped parsley and season to taste. Serve with crusty bread.
Be the first to comment on "CREAM OF LEEK AND WILD MUSHROOM SOUP"