Contains approximately 91 Calories per serving
- 40g (1?oz) good quality dried wild mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves,crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 450ml (? pint) vegetable stock
- 4-5 young leeks, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon plain four
- 450ml (? pint) skimmed milk
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the mushrooms, garlic, thyme and stock into a small saucepan and Gently simmer for 10 minutes in order to soften the mushrooms.
- In a separate non-stick pan dry-fry the leeks until soft.
- Add the lemon zest with 3 tablespoons of the mushroom stock.
- Sprinkle the flour over and cook out for 1 minute, stirring well with a wooden spoon.
- Gradually add the mushroom stock and the contents of the saucepan along with the skimmed milk.
- Add the bay leaves and gently simmer for 20-25 minutes until the mushrooms are soft and the soup has slightly thickened.
Just before serving, stir in the chopped parsley and season to taste. Serve with crusty bread.