Number of Servings: 12
Getting started with the Ingredients
- 1-3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup unsweetened orange juice
The Actual Baking –
1. Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt in a medium bowl; fold in cranberries and walnuts. Make a well in the center; set aside.
2. Combine oil and buttermilk in a large bowl; gradually add sugar, whisking until well combined. Whisk in egg substitute, orange rind and orange juice.
3. Pour buttermilk mixture into ?our mixture and stir just until blended.
4. Pour batter into a 9-inch loaf pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove and cool completely before slicing. Makes 1 loaf.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 128 calories, 3.5g total fat, 3g dietary fiber, 4g protein, 17g carbohydrate, 221mg sodium