- Black gram (urad dal) 2/3 cup soaked for 1 ? hrs;
- Refined flour (maida) 2 cup; Semolina (Suji) 1 cup;
- Asafoetida (hing) a pinch; onion seeds (Kalonji);
- Salt to taste;
- vegetable oil 1 ? tbsp.
- Drain the black gram and grind to a smooth paste.
- Mix the black gram paste with the remaining ingredients.
- Ass a little water and knead to make a soft dough. Keep aside for 1 hour.
- Before frying, knead the dough again with well greased palms and on a well greased table top.
- Divide into lemon sized balls.
- Roll each ball our carefully into 5? diameter disc.
- Heat the oil in wok (kadhai) fry the discs one by one, turning them over frequently on high heat till golden.
- They will be slightly white on the edges.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain the excess oil on paper towels. Serve hot.