Getting started with the Ingredients
- 8 medium all-purpose potatoes
- 1 cup reduced fat-sour cream
- 3 tablespoons trans fat-free margarine
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 (10-ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 3/4 cup shredded 2% milk extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
The Actual preparation –
1. Wash and scrub potatoes and remove blemishes.
2. Place in boiling water, cover and cook until tender ? about 25 minutes. Peel, if desired, and mash with a potato masher.
3. In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, margarine, chives, dill and drained spinach. Swirl through mashed potatoes.
4. Place potatoes in casserole dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Top with cheese.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes or until hot.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 145 calories, 5.5g total fat, 3g dietary fiber, 6.5g protein, 17g carbohydrate, 130mg sodium