- 5 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 lb. green beans
- 7-8 green chillies
- 1 cup fresh coconut, shredded
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 tsp oil for seasoning
- Cut the beans into longish pieces.
- Boil in a little water till done.
- Drain and set aside.
- Blend together the coconut and green chillies.
- Add this paste to the buttermilk and mix well.
- Add the beans and salt to taste.
- Dilute with some water if needed.
- Bring to a boil on a low flame.
- Season with mustard, cumin and curry leaves.
- Other vegetables like eggplant,cucumber,cayote etc can also be used for this preparation.
Be the first to comment on "Majjige Huli"