- 1 1/2 cups toor dal, washed and drained
- 2 tomatoes, medium sized, cut into large pieces
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- A pinch of hing
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp dhania powder
- 4-5 green chillies, chopped
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 stick butter
- Salt to taste
- Boil the dal and tomatoes with a pinch of turmeric powder and 1 cup water till the dal is soft.
- Add salt to taste.
- Set aside.
- In a saucepan, prepare the seasoning by heating the butter.
- Add the cumin and mustard.
- When the cumin is slightly fried, add all the other seasoning
- ingredients except the red chilli, turmeric and dhania.
- Fry till the onion starts turning color.
- Now add the powders and fry for a minute.
- Remove from heat and add the boiled dal/tomato to this.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well.
- Adjust the salt if necessary.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Bring it to a boil and remove.
- Serve hot with rotis or plain rice.
Be the first to comment on "Dhal Makhani"