- Rice : 300 gms
- Tuvar dhal : 300 gms
- Vegetables (French beans, Carrots, : cut into cubes Peas, Potatoes, Pumpkin.. etc)
- Red chilies : 6
- Whole Garam masala : coarsely pound
- Whole Coriander seeds : 2 tsp
- Tamarind : 30 gms
- Oil / Ghee
- Clean and wash rice and dhal separately.
- Roast chilies, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, fenugreek and coriander seeds and grind to a fine powder.
- Soak tamarind and extract pulp and keep aside.
- Cook rice and dhal separately and also cook the vegetables till they are almost soft.
- Heat ghee in the cooker and add mustard seed and curry leaves then add the onions along with few crushed garlic.
- Then add the vegetable , mix and now add churned dhal.
- When it boils add the ground masala along with rice.
- Remember the rice should be cooked extra soft by adding more quantity of water.
- Add tamarind juice and salt. Mix well and close lid and cook on low flame for 10 min.
- Can add water if it appears too thick. Serve hot.
- Optionally can garnish with fried onions and cashews.
Be the first to comment on "BISIBELE BHATH"