- Potatoes 1 kg
- Ghee 100 gms
- Almonds 20 gms
- Raisins 20 gms
- Sugar 1 cup
- Boil potatoes. De-skin them and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a kadai, add boiled potatoes to it.
- Mash the potatoes and cook till they turn brown. Evenly mash the potatoes and ensure no lumps remain.
- Once the potatoes leave water add a cup of sugar. To avoid sticking and burning of the potatoes, mix it constantly. This will ensure that sugar is mixed evenly.
- Cook for 10 minutes on low flame, constantly mix the mashed potatoes. Remove from flame.
- Garnish with de-skinned almonds and raisins.
Tags: Halwa, North Indian sweets, dessert
Be the first to comment on "Aloo ka halwa"