- 32 oz ricotta cheese(or an equivalent amt of freshly made Paneer)
- 10 oz powdered Confectioner’s sugar
- 2 small packets Half and Half
- 1 tsp powdered cardamom
- 1/2 tsp rose water
- 2 tsp slivered almonds
- 2 tsp chopped pistachios
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- If you are using the Ricotta cheese, mix together the confectioner’s sugar and cheese.
- Spread on a baking dish and bake in a moderate oven for about 1 1/2 hrs till the cheese turns light brown and loses all moisture.
- Take it out and let it cool.
- When cool, shape into small flat balls.
- If you are using paneer, mix the paneer and sugar and shape it into flat balls.
- Bring the water and sugar to a boil to yield sugar syrup.The syrup should not be too thick.
- Insert the balls one by one in the syrup and warm them up. They should become spongy. In the meantime, boil the half and half with the rose water.
- Set aside.
- Add the cardamom and nuts to the half and half.
- Mix well.
- Add the cooked balls to the half and half.
- Let it stay immersed for about 1 hr.
- You can either chill it or serve it at room temperature.
Be the first to comment on "Rasmalai"