Drink – Lemon water with salt, sugar, honey, or plain.
Eat – Lemon with food, salad, or just like that with salt & pepper but remember it should be consumed uncooked. The moment you heat or cook lemon the labile ‘ Vitamin C ‘ will lose its potency. Everybody is aware of the fact – Lemon (Ascorbic acid) is a concentrated source of natural ‘ Vitamin C ‘.
Now what does ‘ Vitamin C ‘ do to the body:
- It is a potent oxidant. It oxidizes the by-products (so-called toxins) formed because of pollution, smoking, drinking, vigorous strenuous exercises, and changes into harmless chemicals that are flushed through the system by the kidney.
- As ‘ Vitamin C ‘ is a water-soluble vitamin if taken as “Lemon Water – Nimboo Pani” it has a double function.
- Firstly, ‘ Vitamin C ‘ detoxicates the harmful substances present in the body.
- Secondly, water as a natural diuretic flushes the system clean.
- Its presence improves the absorption of iron from the intestine and helps in the storage of iron in bone-narrow, spleen, liver.
- It is required for normal growth of the body, in the healing of wounds, bone fractures, tissue repair, etc.
- It makes the skin glow as ‘ Vitamin C ‘ is necessary for the maintenance of intercellular substances like Collagen.
- It is necessary for healthy gums and teeth.
- For healthy growth of nails & hairs.
- Increases resistance of the body against cold, allergy, and other viral infections.
These are the few benefits of lemon if taken orally… now there are many more if applied locally. :-
- A natural oxidant, it helps in removing Sun-tanning, blemishes, etc.
- If mixed with cucumber-juice it’s a natural astringent.
- Rub lemon-peels on the areas (like the elbow) which are hyperpigmented; it helps in lightening the skin.
- Mix it with luke-warm water and give a final rinse to your shampoo hair. It acts like a conditioner.
- Lemon juice mix with hair oil, warm a little, and apply on the scalp, it helps in getting rid of Dandruff.
Other sources of ‘ Vitamin C ‘ besides lemon is Guava, Amla, etc.
So remember to drink, eat, and apply LEMON – The Magic Fruit.
Be the first to comment on "Lemon Water: The Magic Drink"