- 2 cups rice
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 6 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp black mustard
- 3 sprigs curry leaves
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 4 green chilies
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 4 cups water
- In a large bowl, add water, rice and cook until done. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add black mustard seeds, peanuts, and turmeric and fry until they are brown.
- Then add chopped green chilies, curry leaves, salt and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the lemon juice and stir well.
- Add this to the cooked rice and mix thoroughly.