Number of Servings: 4
Getting Started with the Ingredients
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 plum tomato
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 package (1-1.25 ounces) fajita seasoning mix
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 small lime, cut in half
- 8 (7-8-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
Optional toppings: salsa, shredded cheese, guacamole, sliced pitted ripe olives and sour cream
The Actual Preparation
- Cut bell peppers into ?-inch strips. Cut onion and tomato into ?-inch wedges. Set vegetables aside. Cut chicken into ?-inch strips. Combine chicken and seasoning mix in small bowl; toss to coat and set aside.
- Heat Grill Pan over medium-high heat. Lightly spray pan with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Add bell peppers and onion; cook 3 minutes without stirring. Stir vegetables from pan; set aside.
- Spray pan again with vegetable oil. Add chicken; cook 2-3 minutes without stirring. Add garlic. Stir and cook 3-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add reserved vegetable mixture and tomato to pan. Squeeze lime over chicken mixture. Cook 1 minute or until heated through; stir.
- To serve, spoon a portion of the chicken and vegetable mixture in center of each tortilla. Top with desired toppings.
Be the first to comment on "Easy Chicken Fajitas Recipe"