- 1 (7 oz.) package uncooked dried elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 medium (1/2 cup) onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 (9 to 10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
- 4 oz. shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Spaghetti sauce, if desired
METHOD : Heat oven to 350? F. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain. Set aside. Meanwhile, sprinkle bread crumbs into buttered 3-quart casserole. Set aside. Melt butter in 10-inch skillet until sizzling; stir in onion, Italian seasoning, pepper and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until onion is softened for 2-3 minutes. Stir in spinach. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until spinach is heated through for 2-4 minutes. Stir in cooked macaroni and all remaining ingredients except spaghetti sauce. Spoon into prepared casserole, pressing gently. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through. Serve spaghetti sauce over baked pasta, if desired.
Be the first to comment on "CHEESY SPINACH & PASTA BAKE"