- 1 small cabbage, chopped finely
- 2 medium sized onions, chopped finely
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp channa dal
- 5-6 dry red chillies
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 tablespoon coconut, shredded
- A pinch of hing
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- Heat the oil and add the mustard, red chillies dals and curry leaves.
- Fry till the mustard crackles.
- Now add the onions and fry till the onions turn translucent and start turning brown.
- Add the cabbage, salt to taste and some water and cover cooked on a small flame till the cabbage is done.
- Add the shredded coconut and the hing (asafoetida) and mix well.
- Heat through and serve hot with rice and dal.
Be the first to comment on "Cabbage Upkari"