Orange peel and juice can be substituted.
- 2 tablespoons achiote paste*
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated tangerine peel (or orange peel)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh tangerine or orange juice, divided
- Chopped fresh cilantro
Blend first 7 ingredients in processor to form paste. Place chicken in 8-inch square baking dish. Spread marinade over, turning to coat. Cover; refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Add chicken to skillet; cook until brown, about 2 minutes per side. Add 1/2 cup tangerine juice to skillet. Cover; reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is cooked through, turning once, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to plates. Add remaining 1/2 cup juice to skillet; boil until thickened, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with cilantro.
*Achiote paste is available at Latin markets.