You will need the following ingredients to make this delicious healthy burger.
For The Coleslaw
- 2 tablespoons of non-fat plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ? teaspoon celery seed
- 2 cups loosely packed pre-shredded coleslaw mix
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For The Burgers
- 5 whole-wheat English muffins
- ? cup lowfat buttermilk
- ? teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ? teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 6 teaspoons honey mustard
To make the coleslaw, stir yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and celery seed together in a medium bowl. Add the coleslaw mix and stir well to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
To make the burgers, tear one English muffin into chunks and add to the bowl of a food processor. Process for about 10 seconds to make medium bread crumbs. In a large bowl, stir together crumbs, buttermilk, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt. Add ground chicken and mix well, using your hands or a large spoon. Form into four patties about 3 ? inches wide and three-quarters of an inch thick. Place on a lightly oiled grill and cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Flip burgers and cook 5 to 6 minutes more, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the centre of a burger reaches 165?F. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil.
Split the remaining English muffins and lightly toast on the grill. To serve, spread one side of each muffin with 1 ? teaspoons honey mustard. Top each with a burger, one-third cup coleslaw, and the other half of the muffin.
Be the first to comment on "Southern ?Fried? Chicken Burgers"