(Provides your child with varied vitamins and fibre)
- 1/2 cup wheat bran;
- 1 tbsp. toasted white rolled oats;
- 1 onion finely chopped;
- 1 tomato finely chopped;
- 1 stalk curry leaves;
- 2 green chilliest finely chopped;
- 1 tbsp. coriander leaves finely chopped;
- 1 lemon juice extracted and strained;
- 1/2 tsp. each mustard & cumin seeds;
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder; salt to taste;
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Roast both wheat bran and rolled oats, in a heavy pan, for two minutes.
- Allow to cool, Pressure cook roasted bran and oats together in 2 cups water.
- Approx. 2 whistles are required to cook the broken granules.
- Remove and allow to cool, keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add seeds, and curry leaves, chillies, allow to splutter.
- Add onions, tomatoes, stir-fry for two minutes.
- Add rolled oats, strained pressure-cooked mixture.
- Add turmeric, salt, lemon juice, and coriander.
- Cover and cook on low, till is fluffy, and excess moisture evaporates.
- Serve hot with a cold iced tea or as a hot snack by itself.