- 2 cups of cashewnuts soaked in water for 2 hours
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom powder
- silver foil (optional)
- Drain and blend the cashews to a fine paste.
- Use as little water as possible when blending.
- In a heavy saucepan put sugar and paste.
- Cook on slow to medium heat.
- Cook stirring continuously till a soft lump is formed.
- Add ghee and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Spread on a clean greased work surface.
- Roll lightly with a rolling pin, to 1/8″ thickness.
- Apply the silver foil.
- Cool, cut into diamond shaped burfis.