- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, each halved horizontally
- All purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 cup imported dry Marsala
- 1 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- Fresh sage leaves
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dust with flour and shake off excess. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped sage and saute 1 minute. Add half of chicken and saute until brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to platter and tent with foil. Repeat with remaining butter and chicken. Add Marsala and broth to skillet, bring to boil and scrape up any browned bits. Boil until sauce is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and spoon over chicken. Garnish with sage leaves.
Makes 4 servings.
Be the first to comment on "Chicken Marsala with Sage"