There?s no problem gaining weight during this time of year. We seem to eat more and are less active as we spend more time indoors. Below are a few tips by which hopefully we can avoid the season’s after effects:
- Try drinking a glass of water before meals.
- Eat low fat cheese and margarine, and increase your fruit and vegetable intake.
- Another way is to burn more or at least as many calories as you take in. Loosely translated, get off the couch, get outside and get active.
- Go split some firewood. Walk around the block?several times. Put down that leaf blower and pick up a rake to deal with those final piles of leaves.
- Try and keep up with your kids (or grandkids) on their new Christmas toys.
There are several indoor exercise activities that people can do to burn extra calories. A 135-140 lb. person can burn the following calories with 30 minutes of these activities.
- Dancing (77 calories),
- Housework (126)
- Mopping (119)
- Scrubbing Floors and or Stair Climbing (200).
Outdoor activities are:
- Biking (175 calories),
- Jogging (250 calories),
- Hiking (217) and
- Walking (150).
Be the first to comment on "Avoid Unwanted Holiday Weight Gain"