Getting Started with the ingredients
- 1 cup amaranth seed
- 2-12 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch spinach (or young amaranth leaves if available)
- 2 ripe tomatoes, skinned and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon onion, minced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste (or use a salt substitute)
- Add amaranth to boiling water, bring back to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for
- 18-20 minutes.
- While amaranth is cooking, stem and wash spinach, then simmer until tender. Dip tomatoes into boiling water to loosen skin, then peel and chop. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and add garlic an onion. Saut? approximately 2 minutes.
- Add tomato, mushrooms, basil, oregano, salt, pepper and 1 Tablespoon of water. Drain and chop spinach and add to tomato mixture. Cook an addition 10 ? 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Lightly mash tomato as it is cooking.
- Stir the sauce into the amaranth or spoon it on top.
Be the first to comment on "Amaranth with Spinach Tomato Mushroom Sauce"