- 2 cups Cabbage grated
- 2 tbsp. Cornflour
- 1/2 cup Carrot grated
- 1/4 cup Onion chopped
- 1 tbsp. Green chilies chopped
- 1 tbsp. Chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp. Coriander leaves chopped
- Oil For frying
- 1/2 tbsp. White pepper powder
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- 2 tbsp. Finely chopped spring onion
- 1 tbsp. Finely chopped Garlic
- 1 tbsp. Finely chopped Ginger
- 1 tbsp. Finely chopped green chilies
- 1/4 tbsp. White pepper
- 2 tbsp. Soya sauce
- 1/4 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Corn flour mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup Vegetable stock or water
For Manchurian: Squeeze out excess water from grated cabbage. Mix grated carrot , other ingredients and corn flour into this. Rub this thoroughly to form a dough. Shape into small balls and deep fry in hot oil till light brown.
For the sauce: Heat two tablespoon of oil in a wok. Add chopped green chilies, chopped garlic and spring onions. Cook for about half a minute. Add water or stock, salt, pepper powder, sugar and Soya sauce. Bring it to a boil. Thicken with corn flour dissolved in cold water. Add fried balls at the time of serving.
Be the first to comment on "VEGETABLE MANCHURIAN"