- 1 small tomato, chopped into small cubes
- 1 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 tsp thick tamarind juice
- 1/2 tsp sugar or jaggery water
- 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- A pinch of hing(asoefetida)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp ghee(clarified butter)
- 6 cups of water
- Powder the peppercorns in a peppermill or coffee grinder to get a very coarse powder.
- Mix together the water, tomato, pepper,salt sugar(jaggery) and tamarind juice.
- Bring it to a boil on a low flame.
- Season with mustard, hing, curry leaves and cumin in ghee.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Eat when hot with plain rice.