Getting started with the ingredients
- 1 lb young Okra pods
- 1 lb shrimp
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil (preferably olive but sunflower will do)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper for seasoning, to taste
- Rice to serve over
How to prepare Okra and Shrimp Seafood
- Top and tail the Okra pods, i.e., cut off the ends. Cut the pods into approximately 1/4 inch rounds.
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- Pop the tomatoes into boiling water for 30 seconds, remove, peel and chop.Peel the onions and chop coarsely. Seed the bell pepper and chop coarsely.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet until it begins to simmer. Place the onion and bell pepper in the skillet and saute until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add all the other ingredients, except the shrimp and bring to the boil, reduce the heat immediately and simmer until the tomatoes are soft and done. Stir occasionally.
- Add the shrimp and continue cooking for about 4 minutes until the shrimp becomes opaque.
- Serve hot over hot rice.