Your asthma can flare up at any time. One just needs to know what to look for to avoid having an asthma attack. Of course, not all asthma attacks can be prevented. But some of them can be if you know what triggers to look for. Keep track of your peak flow and your symptoms. Know when it gets worse or better so you can plan accordingly. Here are some things to help with common triggers.
- Do not exercise outside when the air is dry and cold. Instead, go to a gym or stay inside.
- Reduce dust mites in your home. Dust and vacuum your home at least twice a week. Remove all dust collectors from the bedroom especially stuffed animals and books.
- Change bedding or sheets and wash bedding in hot water once a week.
- Use a HEPA filter in your air purifier or air conditioner.
- If you smoke, then stop. Or stay away from smoke if you do not.
- Stay out of smoky places. This includes places with a fireplace or a wood-burning stove.
- Keep pets out of your bedroom. Let them have their own bed in a separate area from yours.
Be the first to comment on "How to Avoid Asthma Triggers"