- 1/2 kg white sesame seeds,
- 1/4 kg jaggery (usually jaggery required for Tilgul is little different from the normal one, available in small cylindrical shaped blocks in Indian groceries.),
- 1/4 cup dry shredded coconut,
- 1/4 cup peanuts or chana dalia,
- cardamoms or rose essence.
METHOD : Roast sesame seeds on medium heat. When they turn slight golden, remove. Roast shredded coconut till light brown. Roast peanuts. Remove the shells of peanuts and crush them into small pieces. In a clean nonstick pan, heat jaggery on medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon ghee into it. After some time, it starts bubbling up and changes to light red. Pour sesame seeds, coconut, peanuts and cardamom powder immediately and mix well. This mixture is little sticky and thick. When it is still hot, take some mixture on the palm. Roll into 1 inch diameter ball. If the mixture becomes cold, heat again to make the rolling easier. Make all the ladoos and let them cool. They turn hard and crispy once cool. Store in an airtight container.