Best for breakfast when one has a cough.
- 1 ? cup wheat flour;
- ? cup crystal sugar (misri);
- 8-10 peppercorns;
- 1 tspn jeera;
- 6-8 tspns oil;
- salt to taste
- Keeping aside ? cup of wheat flour, prepare firm but soft dough with remaining flour, water and salt. Smoothen it with 1 or 2 teaspoons of oil. Keep covered for at least ? an hour.
- Crush crystal sugar into tiny pieces.
- Coarsely grind or pound jeera and pepper corns and mix it with the crushed crystal sugar.
- Divide the dough into two balls. Roll out each into thick, round shape ? the size of a regular roti. Dab a little oil all over it.
- Place half the quantity of spiced crushed crystal sugar in the centre of one half of the roti. Fold the other half over the stuffing.
- Seal the edges by folding and pressing the lower edge over the upper edge with the index finger ? close together. A semi-circle shaped roti is formed.
Cook on a hot tawa on medium flame, with little oil. Serve hot.