Getting Started with the Ingredients
- 1 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 c. oat bran
- 1/3 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp. canola oil or vegetable oil
- 3/4 c. peeled and shredded apple
How to make Apple and Oat Bran Muffins
- In a medium bowl stir together dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine buttermilk, egg whites and oil. Add to dry ingredients. Stir enough to moisten. Stir in apple.
- Bake in paper lined muffin pans at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.